Fig, Strawberry & Lemon Myrtle Chevre Salad
You will need:
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 3-5 ripe figs, depending on size, at room temperature
- 6-8 strawberries, at room temperature
- 100 g lemon myrtle chèvre*
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to create:
Wash the salad leaves and remove excess water using a salad spinner or clean tea towel. Lay out on a serving dish.
Cut the figs in half lengthways, then cut into bite sized wedges. Arrange over the leaves.
Hull and halve the strawberries (or quarter, depending on size), and scatter over the figs and leaves.
Gently break up the chèvre with your fingers and crumble over the salad.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, raspberry vinegar, maple syrup and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
* If you can’t get hold of lemon myrtle chèvre, you can substitute plain chèvre, or even a soft feta.
Recipe & photography by Samantha Butcher from www.nourishfoodlife.com.au