Simple Sweet Baked Brie
You will need:
- 1 ripe/soft 200g Kris Lloyd Artisan Brie or Camembert
- Coriole EVO olive oil
- Kris Lloyd Artisan honey or honeycomb
- A handful of in season berries (we used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- a couple of Figs (sliced if fresh or dry)
- 2 or 3 star anise
- 30g toasted flaked almonds
How to create:
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan fored
Place 3 tablespoons of Kris Lloyd Artisan honey in saucepan with the whole star anise – bring to the boil then turn heat off.
Allow star anise to infuse in the honey.
Carefully cut the top off the Brie and sprinkle a layer of the toasted almonds followed by thin slices of fig and a few ripe berries, replace the Brie lid and place in a ramekin dish brushed with a little olive oil.
Bake at 200c for 10 min or until the cheese just begins to bubble. Don’t leave it in too long! Ensure it is soft and gooey all the way through by testing with a knife.
Carefully remove from oven. Top with more toasted flaked almonds and the honey mixture.
Finish with fresh thyme, and serve immediately with bread or crackers – match with South Australian sparkling wine.